Mormon Messages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Last weekend Josh and I were able to enjoy a little vacation without the kids. We stayed in Cameron, AZ at the old trading post. It is north of Flagstaff and about 45 minutes from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, in the middle of nowhere really. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a little peace and quiet in a unique setting.

This was just outside our motel door in Cameron.


This is an old building used for a gallery in Cameron,


Here's an old bridge right in Cameron.


We went to the Grand Canyon and really loved the view and all that there was to see. This is a watch tower that was built in the 1930's. I loved the architecture inside and out. We were able to go all the way to the top and look out over the canyon. (please excuse my "tiny" jacket, it looks funny I know, but it was all that I had)


Inside the watch tower.


My favorite picture of the canyon.


Tiny jacket again!


My favorite picture of Josh at the canyon.


Monday as we were coming home we stopped at Sunset Crater Volcano national park outside of Flagstaff. It had snowed just a little and was already melting, but we got out and did a bit of walking and inhaled the clean mountain air for a bit.


It was a great vacation that I know both of us tried to make the most of, since I really don't know when we'll get the chance to get away again. Happy memories!

3 comments:

:) said...

You look fantastic! When are you due again?

Courtney said...

Don't be a pessimist--you can travel as much as you want...in only 18 more years:) It looks like you guys had fun. The scenery looks beautiful and you look great.

Rochelle said...

Too fun! I'm glad you had a great getaway!